Whether you run an international business or your company accepts payments from all over the world, projecting cash flow can be easier when you don’t have to do the math. That’s why we’ve added a new feature for Plus and Premium users that lets you change the currency you use in Pulse. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings and click Currency Conversions from the right sidebar.
- Check the boxes to select which Supported Currencies you’d like to use throughout Pulse.
- Use the drop-down menu to choose the default currency for Cash on Hand.
- Decide whether to toggle “Let Read-only users change this when viewing Cash on Hand”, then save your preferences.
- If checked, this locks the currency list for your Read-only users. If unchecked, any Read-only user will be able to change to one of the other Supported Currencies in the Cash Flow and Reports views.
- If you choose to allow this, it will affect what all users will see when they log in to Pulse. Ex., If a user switches to CAD and forgets to switch back to USD, all users will see CAD next time they log in.
- Now set the default currency for each financial account by going to Settings > Financial Account. By default, they’re set to USD, but you can choose a different currency by using the drop-down menu under the Currency column.
- Choosing “None” will treat your data as numbers – not currency. This is the way that Pulse worked before adding currency choices.
First, you need to decide which default currencies you’d like to use.
- Now you can view your cash flow in whatever currency you like. Go to Cash Flow (in the menu bar) and select your currency from the drop-down in the top right of the table.
- Note: This will also convert the cash on hand imported from QuickBooks Online. (If you’d like to connect QuickBooks Online to your Pulse account, read here.
- You can also run reports in different currencies. Go to Reports (in the menu bar), look for the drop-down menu in the top-right of the sidebar and select which currency you’d like to use in your report.
- Changing the currency in the drop-down menu will automatically update your report.
If you have any questions about managing currency conversions, we’re here to help. Send us a support request, tweet us or talk to us in the app using the speech bubble in the lower right-hand corner.